Here are some select highlights to share from the city council meeting of March 2:
- Kathy Robinson, director of the Canby Adult Center, shared a lot of interesting information about the center after the mayor read a “March for Meals” proclamation. It’s a nation-wide campaign to raise awareness about senior hunger in the U.S.
- Todd Wagner will be rejoining the Canby Utility Board after one year off of the board. He served 6 years previously. Welcome back, Todd.
- The Fred Meyer gas station had it’s “soft opening” yesterday. It’s grand opening will be March 18th.
- Clackamas County has some interest in helping expand our Canby logging road multi-use trail further south to Molalla. Grant opps are being looked at.
- We amended the city code to update some aspects of the Canby Public Library’s sections, for example updating the fine structure and making consistent how a library director is appointed.
- We amended the city code to clarify nominations for elective office, i.e. those applying for office must take their forms to the county elections office rather than have the city recorder do it.